Did you miss the July Round Up? It was a huge success, and we would like to thank everyone who attended. It was a wonderful networking opportunity and a chance to learn from our speakers, Brent Elyea and Brian Massey.
July Round Up Speaker Summary
Our first training session, “Don’t Put Your Foot in Your Mouth in Front of CTAN,” was presented by Brent Elyea, executive director of the Central Texas Angel Network, a company reaching out to the investor and entrepreneur community.
- Brent provided guidance on what entrepreneurs should do to attract investors.
- The presentation told entrepreneurs what to expect when attracting investors.
- We learned how entrepreneurs can avoid major pitfalls with the investor community.
Our second training session, “Writing About Your Business: Getting Past the Bouncers in our Brains,” was presented by Brian Massey. Brian possesses a rare blend of technical talent and marketing vision that has built him a reputation for solving complex problems.
- The presentation included examples from online tests and a list of tactics to use in your copy that can help you stand out and persuade.
- Brian talked about how originality is required for his neurological approach towards writing ad copy.
- We were shown why everything needs to be tested so that our writing will better penetrate filters build into the physiology of the brain.
- He explained how things such as your website copy and value proposition can turn fickle online visitors into curious prospects…if you get them right.
Save the Date for the next Alumni Round Up on September 26th
We will have a CPA, Tom Panagiotou from TJP Financial, who supports SMB speaking, as well as RAM Law Firm. Have any burning questions or topics you would like covered? If you have suggestions, please email Linda at
Alumni LinkedIn Group
Have a request or an offer you want to put out to the alumni group right away? Post it in our alumni LinkedIn group! Ask alumni member questions, start discussions, fill a request or place an offer to your fellow alumni. Join here!