Last fall, Siddharth was in a downtown Austin restaurant with long wait times and slow service on a busy Saturday night. He noticed that the host was managing online reservations and marking table status’ with an iPad while trying to seat new guests, which seems to be a great setup except for the fact that the reservation and waitlist management app the host was using did not communicate with the restaurant’s older point of sale system, increasing wait times and frustration.
Seeing how this restaurant operated encouraged Siddharth to learn more about the software they used, according to him, ” I believed a system with table side ordering, better design, and integrated solutions would not only improve restaurant management but also make the restaurant experience better for guests.”
Entrée is restaurant point-of-sale made smarter. Our open platform allows for seamless integrations with other restaurant software, creating a more streamlined and efficient business. We’re bringing iPad-based enterprise software to the restaurant space and building it with consumer-level ease of use and design in mind. This connected platform gives owners and managers access to insightful analytics that enable them to understand how every aspect of their restaurant is performing, increase turnover, and even better serve their customers.
Hardest things about being an entrepreneur:
- Things rarely go smoothly in an early stage business. Staying determined isn’t easy.
- Nearly every competitor will have more resources. You have to do more with less.
- Problems can’t wait until Monday morning. .
Advice for entrepreneurs (new or seasoned):
- Set solid budgets and deadlines for your business. Then expect things to cost more and take longer than that.
- The healthy amount of confidence entrepreneurs should have about their business is somewhere between delusions of grandeur and constant fear of failure.
- Your most important job is to keep trying even when it seems smarter to quit.
How would an entrepreneur benefit from working with Tech Ranch?
Good companies and founders need good networks and Tech Ranch® would be there to help me build that kind of network, meet experienced entrepreneurs, and learn the best ways to run my business.
How are you bringing social awareness to your startup? How will your product change the world?
Entrée at its core is a B2B startup and our first goal is to make expensive, complicated systems more affordable, easier to use, and make restaurant owners and managers jobs a little bit easier. Long-term, we see an opportunity to make restaurants better both for owners and customers by connecting the tools restaurants and customers use in one place.
- Favorite Word: Burrito
- Favorite Activity: Golf
- Something we don’t already know about you? I have never worked in a restaurant and didn’t even know what a point-of-sale system was before starting Entrée.
Finally, please share with us any news or exciting opportunities for our readers about Independently Maid:
We launch with our first group of customers on August 24th!