Scott Richards, one of our biggest fans, started his company Cloud Safety Systems because he was consistently witnessing the extensive injuries endured by industrial workers who were “saved” by the industry standards currently in place. With such a unique background, Scott is not a typical engineering and safety consultant. Scott studied naval architecture and marine engineering at the Webb Institute of Naval Architecture and has worked at places such as the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Zapata Offshore Co. and Saudi Aramco.
About Cloud Safety Systems:
Developing a line fall protection devices that use the speed of airbag inflation to protect from fall injuries before you reach the walking surface. Providing industrial fall protection, protection for patients in rehabilitation and extending the independent life-style of our aging seniors.
Hardest things about being an entrepreneur:
- Getting useful guidance
- Understanding the steps I needed to take to be successful
- Best ways to develop a business
Advice for entrepreneurs (new or seasoned):
- Never give up on something you believe in.
- Always let people know what your business is and precisely what you need now.
- Accept advice and welcome changes in strategy and tactics that will inevitably come.
Of course we have to ask…words to describe Tech Ranch® 🙂
- Favorite Word: relentless
- Favorite Activity: singing
- Something we don’t already know about you? I’m a wicked good cook
Finally, please share with us any news or exciting opportunities for our readers about Cloud Safety Systems:
NIH SBIR grant!