- This event has passed.
Austin’s Social-impact Entrepreneurial Happy Hour
October 10, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Austin is a hub for social impact entrepreneurship. Come be part of our amazing community!
Austin has a thriving social-impact community: 6,000 non-profits registered in Travis County, at least four impact accelerators, strong support in our universities, an impact angel network, a city government that cares about impact, impact co-working spaces, impact support organizations, …. Wow!
Immerse yourself in our impact community from 5-7:30 on Thursday, October 10, at The Brewtorium, 6015 Dillard Circle, which is near the ACC Highland campus.
The Sponsors for this happy hour are:
- DivInc is an accelerator program for women and people of color. We equip diverse entrepreneurs with strategies critical to building and growing exceptional technology businesses.
- Impact Hub Austin offers coworking, shared workspace, private offices, dedicated desks, programs and accelerators that connect the Austin community to a global movement for good. We offer a powerful combination of mission, community and space to support game-changing ideas for social impact.
- Mission Capital provides the tools, guidance, and resources needed to support Central Texas nonprofits, philanthropists, businesses, government agencies, funders, and activists in advancing equity and opportunity through their work.
- Notley is a catalyst for social innovation unlocking opportunities with today’s impact organizations and changing communities. Our mission is to scale and support businesses, nonprofits, individuals, and programs making positive change in the world. Everything we do is motivated by social innovation and entrepreneurial activity. Through educational events, programs and initiatives, Notley is creating a national social innovation ecosystem where innovative approaches give rise to more purposeful and profitable outcomes. Notley is effecting change at the systemic level – not just nonprofit-by-nonprofit or cause-by-cause, but as an ecosystem.
- SocialGood.us is a national community inspired by Mashable’s Social Good Summit. This is Austin’s chapter of the global conversation on technology, media, and social change.
- Southwest Angel Network supports and invests in for-profit, social and environmental impact start-up companies, and is welcoming to diverse founding teams.
- Tarmac TX supports Austin startup companies that are using technology to address environmental and social challenges
- Tech Ranch equips entrepreneurs and ecosystems with insights, proven techniques, tools and processes that develop both the community and the entrepreneur.Tech Ranch® has been recognized as a 2015 Top 3 Social Impact Incubator by UBI Global and 2015 & 2016 Top 20 US/Canada Accelerators by Gust’s Global Report. Its programs have influenced over 6,000 entrepreneurs in 42+ countries with over 750 solutions deployed.
- UT Office of Inclusive Innovation and Entrepreneurship which addresses the income inequality gap for overlooked communities by helping community members learn about wealth creation, innovative thinking and community stewardship that will result in social impact. It works with both UT Austin students and nontraditional students along with community leaders, government, private enterprise, and NPO’s to create strong networks upon which new for-profit sustainable ventures can be launched that will uplift communities.
If you have any questions, please contact me at (512) 658-2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.