One of the key values of Tech Ranch® is “building global bridges” and if you’ve been around our Austin headquarters lately you will have seen evidence to prove that we are pushing hard to make connections globally and not only bring those to Austin but help Austinites connect abroad.
Since our goal is to help entrepreneurs connect, we realized the first step is to make sure the community is aware of who we are working with and subsequently how they can join our network to interact with these entrepreneurs, partners and opportunities.
International Entrepreneurs @ Tech Ranch® from 28 Countries
Read about Katherine Ruiz, one of our entrepreneurs doing amazing work abroad.
Create innovative opportunity in the Atacama Desert leveraging the local ecosystem AND vendors, startups, technology, and entrepreneurs from around the world
Build profitable businesses, promote regional growth and develop the social infrastructure for long term sustainability.
“We sought Tech Ranch® as a partner because of their focus on developing the entrepreneur and market validation. These are a strong fit with our goals for assisting local entrepreneurs with boot-strapping their businesses by providing them with the developmental tools they need to succeed,” commented Robert Warren, Managing Director of Mean Eyed Cat Venture Labs.
NEDO of Japan has selected the newly formed SARR-Tech Ranch® joint venture as one of twelve certified “VC’s” to help commercialize and globalize Japanese technology startups. The JV will focus on the development of entrepreneurs and the building of bridges between the two countries. NEDO will commit $50M over the next 2 years to the VC’s chosen for the initiative.
Partnership to support entrepreneurs, students and both communities as they explore and consider transition between both Austin and Adelaide. The Venture Dorm and Venture Forth® programs are the cornerstone of the partnership that will create opportunities for tech transfer and enhanced collaboration. Release Coming Soon
Tech Ranch® has partnered with [IN]cubes in Toronto, Canada! Our agreement allows for both Tech Ranch® and [IN]cubes members to have drop-in access to each other’s facilities, business resources and events. To learn more about the International Exchange Program and see a map of other partners CLICK HERE.
Visiting Delegations in 2015
- Australia – Learn about our intern, Jeremy Enright!
- France – Bordeaux, Montpellier and Angers
- Singapore – Check out our 2013 Partnership Press Release
What we can offer to international entrepreneurs
- Venture Start Online – a four-module program that allows entrepreneurs who are exploring entrepreneurship and/or looking at new opportunities to engage with our community at the very early stages – either from France or here in Austin.
- Venture Forth® 10-Week – this program is for committed entrepreneurs who have small teams and are ramping up for a funding round, accelerator application or customer traction strategy. The programs differentiation lies in the cohort of peers that are using their collective knowledge, alongside expert facilitators, to fast-track business success. The program is designed to fall within the 90-day tourist visa guidelines for those thinking about entering the U.S. market
- Venture Forth® Intensives – a similar curriculum as above but condensed into three intensive days and 90-days of post-program engagement with their peers and our facilitators. The intensives are strategically planned both in Austin and before conferences such as CES and SXSW to best prepare startups for their interactions, networking and pitch events.
- Austin Bound & U.S. Market Entry – this year we have created a 2-day “Austin Bound & U.S. Market Entry” program that assists international entrepreneurs in the adjustment of their business to enter the U.S. The program includes discussions of how to fine-tune messaging, marketing, positioning, pricing and products as well as sessions with subject matter experts.
We’ve come a long way since Kevin worked in Chile and earned his first dollars (pesos) in Mexico. Many don’t know the extent of our international work and we are happy to be sharing it. We are lucky to have many more discussions in the works and hope to be making many more announcements in 2016.