Laurent has a great story and we are excited to share his venture’s information with you, but first we must share the story of how he ended up a Rancher.
Laurent is from Belgium and learned about Tech Ranch® from a friend of his, David, in Tijuana. David connected with Tech Ranch® when Kevin traveled down to speak with the entrepreneurs of MINDHub about the Austin ecosystem and his style of entrepreneurship. After learning about us, David introduced Laurent to our model and he immediately signed up for our Venture Start Online class. After completing it, we discussed how he could participate in our Venture Forth® class virtually…which he will. However, he decided to come spend 2 weeks with us in order to experience Tech Ranch®, meet the staff first hand, take advantage of our resources and attend the first class in person!
We’ve been getting to know him better and are hopefully helping him move his venture, Pepixa, forward each day. Laurent works in the analysis of information and was motivated to form his company because of a lack of solutions for those closest to him in managing their data.
As he states, “If you have been looking to improve your lifestyle with digital applications, you must have realized you are not the owner of your information or its value. Pepixa gives ownership of your information back to you.”
If you have been looking to improve your lifestyle with digital applications, you must have realized you are not the owner of your information or its value. Pepixa gives ownership of your information back to you. You trust, share and add information to gain value and regain privacy in a smart way!
Hardest things about being an entrepreneur:
- It is necessary to combine the entrepreneurial lifestyle with the evolution of the family.
- Following my passion even when the possibility of a simpler life and easier economic situation exist.
- Finding a startup environment which urges you to move forward and discussing your ideas with the right mentors to find additional potential and way forward.
Advice for entrepreneurs (new or seasoned):
- Discuss your initial idea often and early with as many mentors and new people as possible then move quick to adjust based on their feedback.
- Financing is important and it will come when the idea is mature enough. First steps should be to stay excited about your idea, develop it and look for as much advice and help from others as possible.
- Team building is important and takes time. It can ruin long-term friendships too!
Of course we have to ask…words to describe Tech Ranch® 🙂
- Favorite Word: Games
- Favorite Activity: Diving
- Something we don’t already know about you? I like woodworking, but I’m not the most talented. This quickly becomes kindling for the fire.
Finally, please share with us any news or exciting opportunities for our readers about Pepixa:
These two weeks in Austin with great mentors and co-workers are my biggest milestone. The Venture Forth program will be the next one. This should put me in a great position to reach realization of a reviewed and trusted idea.