Tech Ranch® is thrilled to add another 14 Austin-based entrepreneurs to our alumni list. On Monday August 31st, eight of our companies took on a room full of Tech Ranch® mentors, advisors, peers and staff who were ready to ask the hard questions and give honest feedback that would help move these ventures forward.
While we won’t be sharing their pitches from the first cohort meeting…we will share some highlights from pitch day to highlight the progress and success that came from their time in the program. Our goal for Venture Forth® is to bring people together who understand the value of collective knowledge and community. While we cover content, this is not an academic class, and the value comes from the collaboration, accountability and personal growth that the entrepreneurs experience alongside a cohort of their peers.
This group has created some amazing bonds. We would often see them co-working at the same tables while helping each other with validation and financials, or meeting up to practice their pitches and get advice. All of their hard work paid off…we had a $1M funding offer, multiple launches, many new customers, first dollars of revenue and the creation of a sustainable business models and growth models.
- Abe Matamoros & Regina Vatterott – EllieGrid – a combination software/hardware solution for medication management
- Henry Hedges – Be My Roomie – Match.com for finding your next roommate
- Jacque’ Nowak – Independently Maid & Owner of Maid for You – creating an online presence for maid services while creating small business owners
- Joi Chevalier – The Cook’s Nook – a culinary incubator to for successful food industry startups
- Karyn Scott – Kids in a New Groove – using paid online music lessons and motivated educators to bring free music lessons to youth
- Katherine Ruiz – KR Industries, Shear Store – innovating the supply chain to increase demand and success of local artisans who are focusing on the manufacturing of high-quality, unique goods
- Michael Curran – Compensed – an application dedicated to giving all business and supporters the chance to benefit from referrals
- Todd Simmons – TableTalk – creating content and discussion topics to help a variety of groups to enhance their conversational experience and get their nose out of their smartphone
- Corbin Matise – BoxServ – providing follow-up sales service to bogged down Cross-fit and traditional gyms
- Pranav Parekh – Health Aspirations – actively delivering telemedicine to remote parts of India and working on a scalable model to take the technology global
- Francesco Cristallo & Alessia Anastasio – OLIHARGON – connecting your websites and inventory to all major publisher networks from one unique platform
We look forward to working with many more early-stage entrepreneurs through both our Austin-based Venture Forth® program and our traveling Venture Forth® Intensive program.
Venture Forth® 10-Week in Austin – Starts September 28th – Register Now!